Acta Universitatis Carolinae Kinanthropologica (AUC Kinanthropologica) is an international peer reviewed journal for the publication of research outcomes in the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences, as applied to kinathropology. It is a multidisciplinary journal accepting only original unpublished articles in English in the various sub-disciplines and related fields of kinanthropology, such as Anthropology, Anthropomotorics, Sports Pedagogy, Sociology of Sport, Philosophy of Sport, History of Sport, Physiology of Sport And Exercise, Physical Education, Applied Physical Education, Physiotherapy, Human Biomechanics, Psychology of Sport, Sports Training and Coaching, Sport Management, etc. The journal also welcomes interdisciplinary articles. The journal also includes reports of relevant activities and reviews of relevant publications.
The journal is abstracted and indexed by CNKI, DOAJ, EBSCO, ERIH PLUS, SPOLIT, SPORTDiscus, and Ulrichsweb.
Effect of Short Term Balance Training on Postural Stability in Ice Hockey Players
zveřejněno: 19. 08. 2015
Postural stability is one of latent factors affecting game performance of an individual to a certain extent. The presented study deals with monitoring changes of postural stability in ice hockey players after eight week’s balance training. The screened sample consisted of junior category ice hockey players divided into experimental (n = 8) and reference groups (n = 8). Postural stability was measured using a stabilographic method on the AMTI AccuSwayPLUS force platform. The level of postural stability was assessed in three tests, namely bipedal stance with and without sight control and bipedal stance with reduced proprioception using the parameters of 95% confidence ellipse, path of CoP and mean velocity of CoP. The level of monitored stability parameters did not indicate any significant differences between the groups in any of the tests at the level of significance α = 0.05. Comparing postural stability of the experimental group between pre-test and post-test showed significant differences in the test without sight control and the test with reduced proprioception in lCoP and vCoP parameters (Z = 2.1004; α ˂ 0.05). Regarding the reference group, no significant changes of the level of postural stability between the pre-test and post-test were found in any of the parameters (Z = 0.3652 to 1.8257; α ˃ 0.05).
Klíčová slova: sport training; balance exercises; posturography; AMTi; CoP
1. Advanced Mechanical Technology Inc. (2002). AccuSway Plus System Validation. PA: Watertown.
2. Bracko, M. R. (2004). Biomechanics powers ice hockey performance. Biomechanics 11(9), 1–7.
3. Brocherie, F., Babault, N., Cometti, G., et al. (2005). Electrostimulation training effects on the physical performance of ice hockey players. Medicine and science in sports and exercise 37(3), 455–460. CrossRef PubMed
4. Čech, P., Junger, L. (2012). Úroveň posturálnej stability v dôsledku zmeny pozície v stoji. In J. Suchý et al. 2012. SCIENCIA MOVENS sborník příspěvků z mezinárodní studentské konference. Praha: FTVS UK.
5. Hansen, H., Reed, A. (1979). Functions and on-ice competencies of a high caliber hockey player – a job analysis. In J. Terauds, H. J. Gros (eds.). Science in skiing, skating, and hockey. Proceedings of the International Symposium of Biomechanics in Sports. Del Mar, CA: Academic Publishers, 107–115.
7. Humble, N. (2003). Podiatric management in Ice skating. Retrieved from http://www.podiatrym.com/.
8. Li, J. X. (2007). Can proprioreception be improved by exercise? XXV ISBS Symposium. Brazil: Ouro Preto.
9. Maclean, C. (n. d.). Biomechanics of ice hockey skating. Retrieved from http://parispedorthic.com.
10. Maclean, E. (n. d.). A Theoretical review of the physiological demands of ice-hockey and a full year periodized sport specific conditioning program for the canadian junior hockey player. Retrieved from http://performancetrainingsystems.net.
11. Marino, G. W., Drouin, D. (2000). Effects of fatigue on forward, maximum velocity in ice hockey skating. XVIII ISBS Symposium. China: Hong Kong.
12. Pavliš, Z., Perič, T. (2003). Abeceda hokejového bruslení. Praha: Český svaz ledního hokeje.
13. Stamm, L. (2001). Laura Stamm's power skating (3rd ed.). Human Kinetics: Champign.
14. Stidwill, T. J. L. (2009). Comparison of forward hockey skating kinetics and kinematics on ice and on a synthetic surface by means of a customized force measurement system and electrogoniometry. Kanada: Quebec.
15. Trew, M., Everett, T. (1997). Human movement, an introductory text (3rd ed.). New Yourk: Churchil Livingstone.
17. Véle, F. (1997). Kineziologie pro klinickou praxi. Praha: Grada Publishing. PubMed
18. Zemková, E. (2011). Assessment of balance in sport: science and reality. Serbian Journal of Sports Sciences 5(4), 127–139.
157 x 230 mm
vychází: 2 x ročně
cena tištěného čísla: 190 Kč