Acta Universitatis Carolinae Kinanthropologica (AUC Kinanthropologica) is an international peer reviewed journal for the publication of research outcomes in the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences, as applied to kinathropology. It is a multidisciplinary journal accepting only original unpublished articles in English in the various sub-disciplines and related fields of kinanthropology, such as Anthropology, Anthropomotorics, Sports Pedagogy, Sociology of Sport, Philosophy of Sport, History of Sport, Physiology of Sport And Exercise, Physical Education, Applied Physical Education, Physiotherapy, Human Biomechanics, Psychology of Sport, Sports Training and Coaching, Sport Management, etc. The journal also welcomes interdisciplinary articles. The journal also includes reports of relevant activities and reviews of relevant publications.
The journal is abstracted and indexed by CNKI, DOAJ, EBSCO, ERIH PLUS, SPOLIT, SPORTDiscus, and Ulrichsweb.
Somatic characteristics and body composition in Czech sub-elite female handball players
Ivana Kinkorová, Eva Brožová, Martin Komarc
zveřejněno: 17. 12. 2020
The somatic parameters and body composition are important indicators of physical fitness and general health not only non-athletes, but of athletes. The aim of this study was to determine the somatic characteristics and body composition in 15 Czech sub-elite female handball players (age 21.5 ± 1.8 years, body height 170.5 ± 6.6 cm, body weight 64.7 ± 10.2 kg, BMI 22.2 ± 2.9 kg m−2). Body composition was measured by a multifrequency bioimpedance method Tanita MC-980 (Tanita Europe BV). The monitored parameters were the following: fat mass (FM), fat free mass (FFM), muscle mass (MM), bone mass (BM), total body water (TBW), intracellular water (ICW), extracellular water (ECW) and segmental analysis of muscle distribution. In our female group, we recorded the mean value of FM = 21.5 ± 5.4% (14.3 ± 5.7 kg), FFM = 50.4 ± 5.9 kg, muscle mass = 47.9 ± 5.6 kg, bone mass = 2.6 ± 0.3 kg, TBW = 56.2 ± 3.2% (36.2 ± 4.8 kg), ICW = 22.6 ± 3.5 kg, ECW = 13.6 ± 1.3 kg. Monitoring of muscle distribution in the extremities showed a significant difference in upper extremities (p < 0.05, ES < 0.2) and in lower extremities (p < 0.05, ES < 0.2). Our results confirm on previous data about the presence of anthropometric differences and body composition differences between individual players in handball team.
Klíčová slova: handball; body composition; fat mass; fat free mass
1. Bayios, I. A., Anastasopoulou, E. M., Sioudris, D. S., & Boudolos, K. D. (2001). Relationship between isokinetic strength of the internal and external shoulder rotators and ball velocity in team handball. Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness, 41(2), 229-235.
2. Carvalho, A., Mourão, P., & Abade, E. (2014). Effects of strength training combined with specific plyometric exercises on body composition, vertical jump height and lower limb strength development in elite male handball players: a case study. Journal of Human Kinetics, 41(1), 125-132. CrossRef PubMed PubMed Central
3. Cichy, I., Dudkowski, A., Kociuba, M., Ignasiak, Z., Sebastjan, A., Kochan, K., . . ., & Malina, R. M. (2020). Sex Differences in Body Composition Changes after Preseason Training in Elite Handball Players. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17(11), 3880. CrossRef PubMed PubMed Central
4. Chaouachi, A., Brughelli, M., Levin, G., Boudhina, N. B., Cronin, J., & Chamari, K. (2009). Anthropometric, physiological and performance characteristics of elite team-handball players. Journal of Sports Sciences, 27(2), 151-157. CrossRef PubMed PubMed Central
5. Čavala, M., Rogulj, N., Srhoj, V., Srhoj, L., & Katić, R. (2008). Biomotor structures in elite female handball players according to performance. Collegium antropologicum, 32(1), 231-239. PubMed Central
6. Clanton, R. E., & Dwight, M. P. (1997). Team handball: Steps to success. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics. PubMed Central
7. Hasan, A. A., Reilly, T., Cable, N. T., & Ramadan, J. (2007). Anthropometric profile of elite Asian female handball players. The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness, 47(2), 197-202. PubMed Central
8. Malá, L., Malý, T., Záhalka, F., & Bunc, V. (2010). The profile and comparison of body composition of elite female volleyball players. Kinesiology, 42(1), 90-97. PubMed Central
9. Malá, L., Malý, T., Zahálka, F., Tůma, M., & Bunc, V. (2011). Body composition of elite handball players. Acta Universitatis Carolinae Kinanthropologica, 47(1), 119-128. PubMed Central
10. Malá, L., Malý, T., Zahálka, F., Tůma, M., & Teplan, J. (2012). Telesné zloženie a distribúcia tekutín u vrcholových hádzanárok Body composition and distribution of liquids in female elite handball players. Studia Sportiva, 6(1), 99-106. CrossRef PubMed Central
13. Milanese, C., Piscitelli, F., Lampis, C., & Zancanaro, C. (2011). Anthropometry and body composition of female handball players according to competitive level or the playing position. Journal of Sports Sciences, 29(12), 1301-1309. CrossRef PubMed PubMed Central
14. Leedy, H. E., Ismail, A. H., Kessler, W. V., & Christian, J. E. (1965). Relationships between physical performance and body composition. Research Quarterly, 36(2), 158-163. CrossRef PubMed PubMed Central
15. Reilly, T., & Doran, D. (1996). Fitness assessment. In: T. Reilly (Ed.), Science and soccer (pp. 25-50). London: E & FN Spon. PubMed Central
16. Rogulj, N., Srhoj, V., Nazor, M., Srhoj, L., & Čavala, M. (2005). Some anthropologic characteristics of elite female handball players at different playing positions. Collegium Antropologicum, 29(2), 705-709. PubMed Central
17. Šibila, M., & Pori, P. (2009). Position-related differences in selected morphological body characteristics of top-level handball players. Collegium Antropologicum, 33(4), 1079-1086. PubMed Central
18. Visnapuu, M., & Jürimäe, T. (2009). Relations of anthropometric parameters with scores on basic and specific motor tasks in young handball players. Perceptual and motor skills, 108(3), 670-676. CrossRef PubMed PubMed Central
Somatic characteristics and body composition in Czech sub-elite female handball players is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
157 x 230 mm
vychází: 2 x ročně
cena tištěného čísla: 190 Kč