Acta Universitatis Carolinae Kinanthropologica (AUC Kinanthropologica) is an international peer reviewed journal for the publication of research outcomes in the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences, as applied to kinathropology. It is a multidisciplinary journal accepting only original unpublished articles in English in the various sub-disciplines and related fields of kinanthropology, such as Anthropology, Anthropomotorics, Sports Pedagogy, Sociology of Sport, Philosophy of Sport, History of Sport, Physiology of Sport And Exercise, Physical Education, Applied Physical Education, Physiotherapy, Human Biomechanics, Psychology of Sport, Sports Training and Coaching, Sport Management, etc. The journal also welcomes interdisciplinary articles. The journal also includes reports of relevant activities and reviews of relevant publications.
The journal is abstracted and indexed by CNKI, DOAJ, EBSCO, ERIH PLUS, SPOLIT, SPORTDiscus, and Ulrichsweb.
Development of the Motor Functions in 7–15-year-old Children: The Czech National Study
Rudolf Psotta, Jan Hendl, Jakub Kokštejn, Gabriela Jahodová, Milan Elfmark
zveřejněno: 19. 08. 2015
The aim of the national study was to assess the development of motor functions in the population of the Czech children. A Czech representative sample of 7–15-year-old children (n = 1076) was assessed on fine manual coordination, gross motor coordination and balance using the Movement Assessment Battery for Children-2 (MABC-2). Concurrently, the cross-cultural validity of the MABC-2 was examined on a basis of the comparison of results of the testing to the test performance reported for the United Kingdom sample. Unimanual and bimanual coordination, and visuomotor coordination associated the aiming and timing interceptive tasks improved up to 12–15-year-old children. The Czech girls demonstrated the mature static balance at the age of 7 years, while the Czech boys by two years later. The study showed that the MABC-2 can be a valid method for assessment of gross motor coordination in the Czech children. Before use of this test battery in research and educational and clinical practice in the Czech Republic, an adjustment of the norms of the manual dexterity and balance tests is needed.
Klíčová slova: coordination; manual dexterity; aiming; catching; balance; test
1. Barnhart, R. C., Davenport, M. J., Epps, S. B., Nordquist, V. M. (2003). Developmental coordination disorder. Physical Therapy 83(8), 722–731. PubMed
3. Cohen, J. (1988). Statistical power analysis for the behaviour science. 2nd ed. New York, NY: Lawrence Erlbaum Associated.
4. Council of Europe. (1993). Eurofit tests of physical fitness. 2nd ed. Strasbourg: Council of Europe.
5. Ellinoudis, T., Kourtessis, T., Kiparissis, M. (2008). Suitability of the Movement Assessment Battery for Children in Greece: Comparison between a Greek sample and the North-American normative sample of 9 and 11 years old children. International Journal of Health Science 1(4), 132–137.
6. Forssberg, H. (1998). The neurophysiology of manual skill development In K. J. Connolly (ed.), The psychobiology of the hand (pp. 97–122). London: Mac Keith Press.
7. Geuze, R. H. (2003). Static balance and developmental coordination disorder. Human Movement Science 22(4–5), 527–548. CrossRef
8. Henderson, S. E., Sugden, D. A. (1992). Movement Assessment Battery for Children. London: The Psychological Corporation.
9. Henderson, S. E., Sugden, D. A., Barnett, A. L. (2007). Movement Assessment Battery for Children-2. London: Hartcourt Assessment.
10. Měkota, K., Blahuš, P., et al. (1995). Unifittest (6–60). Tests and norms of motor performance and physical fitness in youth and in adult age. Acta Universitatis Palackianae Olomucensis Gymnica 1 (Suppl.), 1–108.
11. Milanese, C., Bortolami, O., Bertucco, M., et al. (2010). Anthropometry and motor fitness in children aged 6–12 years. Journal of Human Sport and Exercise online V(II), 265–279. CrossRef
12. Miyahara, M., Tsujii, M., Hanai, T., et al. (1998). The Movement Assessment Battery for Children: A preliminary investigation of its usefulness in Japan. Human Movement Science 17, 679–697. CrossRef
13. Ruiz, L. M., Graupera, J. L., Gutiérrez, M., Miyahara, M. (2003). The assessment of motor coordination in children with the Movement ABC test: A comparative study among Japan, USA and Spain. International Journal of Applied Sports Sciences 15(1), 22–35.
157 x 230 mm
vychází: 2 x ročně
cena tištěného čísla: 190 Kč