Acta Universitatis Carolinae Iuridica (AUC Iuridica) is a legal journal published since 1955, which presents longer essays as well as short articles on topics relevant for legal theory and international, European and Czech law. It also publishes works concerning current legislative problems.
Although intended primarily for domestic audience, AUC Iuridica is useful also for foreign experts, who can take advantage of summaries in foreign languages (English, German and French) and key words, which are systematically added to the main articles and essays.
The published articles are subject to peer reviews. If necessary, reviewed texts are sent back to the author for revision.
AUC Iuridica accepts contributions from any contributor on any current legal topic.
The journal is registered in the Czech National Bibliography (kept by the National Library of the Czech Republic) and in the Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals (kept by the American Association of Law Libraries).
The journal is archived in Portico.
We are pleased to inform you that the journal Acta Universitatis Carolinae Iuridica was the first journal of the Faculty of Law of Charles University to be included in the prestigious international database SCOPUS. This Elsevier database is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature in the world. The editors of the journal expect from the inclusion in the elite SCOPUS database not only an increase in the readership of the journal, but also an increase in interest in the publication of papers by both Czech and foreign authors.
AUC IURIDICA, Vol 68 No 2 (2022), 209–223
Current Problems of the Impact of Gender Equality in the Administration of Justice in Ukraine
Taras Z. Garasumiv, Viktoriia Z. Chornopyska, Anastasiia V. Baran
announced: 02. 06. 2022
The main purpose of the article was to study the gender equality principles in the Ukrainian justice system. This paper covered the main mechanisms of the state of modern international legal regulations on the impact of gender equality in the administration of justice. The main issues arising upon the implementation of gender equality issues in the justice system of Ukraine were identified. It was suggested that new mechanisms of further improvement of the corresponding law enforcement practice. It was concluded that particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic, the recognition of gender equality in Ukraine as a key aspect of sustainable development requires the introduction of a gender integration policy in all areas, including in the justice system, where it is necessary to recognise gender aspects upon delivering justice.
keywords: gender equality; discrimination; gender statistics; gender stereotypes; female judges
1. ALHAJI ALI, M. – BURATAI, H. A. Women and gender equality: justice or civilization? Journal of Liberty and International Affairs, 2020, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 55-68.
2. ALON, T. M – DOEPKE, M. – OLMSTEAD-RUMSEY, J. – TERTILT, M. The Impact of COVID-19 on gender equality [online]. 2020 [cit. 2021-09-12]. Available at: https://www.nber.org/papers/w26947. CrossRef
3. BAN KI-MOON. Progress of the world's women: in pursuit of justice [online]. 2011 [cit. 2021-09-12]. Available at: https://issuu.com/unpublications/docs/11iiif1isbn9789210550307_issuu.
4. Banker who lost job while on maternity leave gets £1.5 m pay out [online]. 2010 [cit. 2021-09-10]. Available at: https://u.to/0J5MGw.
5. BOBROVA, U. U. Gender aspect of judicial activity (theoretical and legal dimension) [online]. 2020 [cit. 2021-09-19]. Available at: https://u.to/u55MGw.
6. BOBROVA, U. U. Gender aspect of judicial activity (theoretical and legal dimension) [online]. 2020 [cit. 2021-09-19]. Available at: https://u.to/u55MGw.
7. Constitution of Ukraine [online]. 1996 [cit. 2021-09-09]. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/254%D0%BA/96-%D0%B2%D1%80#Text.
8. Convention on the elimination of all forms of discrimination against women [online]. 1979 [cit. 2021-09-13]. Available at: https://www.ohchr.org/en/professionalinterest/pages/cedaw.aspx.
9. CORNWALL, A. – RIVAS, A. From "gender equality and women's empowerment" to global justice: Reclaiming a transformative agenda for gender and development. Third World Quarterly. 2015, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 396-415. CrossRef
10. Council of Europe strategy on gender equality 2018-2023 [online]. 2018 [cit. 2021-09-12]. Available at: https://rm.coe.int/strategy-en-2018-2023/16807b58eb.
11. DANKEVYCH, V. Y. – KAMENCHUK, T. O. – KONONOVA, O. Y. – NADTOCHII, I. I. – OHOR, H. M. Strategic planning for sustainable development of states: Administration aspect. International Journal of Management. 2020, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 511-522.
12. Decision of the Council of Judges of Ukraine No. 71 "On Approval of the Strategy for the Development of the Judicial System of Ukraine for 2015-2020" [online]. 2014, December [cit. 2021-09-12]. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/vr071414-14#Text.
13. FANG, K. – XU, A. – HE, J. – FANG, C. – LIU, Q. Integrated assessment and division management of sustainable development in the Belt and Road countries. Chinese Science Bulletin. 2021, Vol. 66, No. 19, pp. 2441-2454. CrossRef
14. FIELDING-MILLER, R. – HATCHER, A. M. – WAGMAN, J. – SWENDEMAN, D. – UPADHYAY, U. D. Gender, justice and empowerment: creating the world we want to see. An International Journal for Research, Intervention and Care. 2020, Vol. 22, pp. 1-12. CrossRef
15. FULEI, T. I. Fundamentals of gender equality. Kyiv: Tyutyukin, 2010.
16. FULEI, T. I. Gender equality in the administration of justice. Kyiv: ВАІТЕ, 2016.
17. Gender and security toolkit. Tool 4: justice and gender [online]. 2019 [cit. 2021-09-12]. Available at: https://www.osce.org/odihr/440831.
18. Gender equality in the judiciary [online]. 2021 [cit. 2021-09-11]. Available at: http://icps.com.ua/assets/uploads/images/images/eu/genderna_r_vn_st_u_sudov_y_sfer_.pdf.
19. Gender equality, justice in law and practice: essential for sustainable development [online]. 2019 [cit. 2021-09-12]. Available at: https://news.un.org/en/story/2019/03/1035291.
20. Gender profile of Ukraine [online]. 2020 [cit. 2021-09-10]. Available at: https://www.ua.undp.org/content/ukraine/uk/home/gender-equality/comparative-gender-profile-of-ukraine-.html.
21. HAMIDU, I. – ALHAJI ALI, M. Challenges of women participation in politics of Yobe State. Nigeria. Sahel Analyst: Journal of Management Sciences. 2018, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 98-110.
22. HAZEL, K. L. – KLEYMAN, K. S. Gender and sex inequalities: implications and resistance. Journal of Prevention & Intervention in the Community. 2020, Vol. 48, No. 4, pp. 281-292. CrossRef
23. HRYTSAI, I. O. The mechanism of ensuring the principle of gender equality: theory and practice. Kyiv: Hi-Tech Press, 2018.
24. HUSSAIN, A. – AHMAD, N. – MANZOOR, R. – HAMEED, M. Impact of modernization on gender roles – A study of advocates in Muzaffar Garh. International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences. 2015, Vol. 52, pp. 15-22. CrossRef
25. Integrating a gender perspective into statistics [online]. 2016 [cit. 2021-09-10]. Available at: https://unstats.un.org/unsd/demographic-social/Standards-and-Methods/files/Handbooks/gender/Integrating-a-Gender-Perspective-into-Statistics-E.pdf.
26. KABALEVSKAYA, A. I. Representations of gender stereotypes in modern social psychology. Psychological Research. 2012, Vol. 2, No. 22, pp. 1-4.
27. KHAN, I. – EBADI, S. Accessing justice: models, strategies and best practices on women's empowerment [online]. 2013 [cit. 2021-09-11]. Available at: https://www.idlo.int/sites/default/files/Womens_Access_to_Justice_Report_Summary.pdf.
28. KIS, O. Feminism in independent Ukraine: the evolution of perception [online]. 2019 [cit. 2021-09-11]. Available at: https://www.nas.gov.ua/EN/Messages/Pages/View.aspx?MessageID=5505.
29. KOZYUBRA, M. I. General theory of law. Kyiv: Vaite, 2015.
30. Law of Ukraine No. 2866-IV "On Ensuring Equal Rights and Opportunities for Women and Men" [online]. 2005, September [cit. 2021-09-10]. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2866-15#Text.
31. Law of Ukraine No. 5207-VI "On Principles of Preventing and Combating Discrimination in Ukraine" [online]. 2012, September [cit. 2021-09-12]. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/5207-17#Text.
32. OKORO, S. – PRETTITORE, P. Around the world, women have fewer rights than men – and COVID-19 is making it worse [online]. 2020. [cit. 2021-09-12]. Available at: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/will-covid-19-widen-the-gender-justice-gap.
33. OKSAMITNA, S. M. Gender roles and stereotypes. Kyiv: KIS, 2004.
34. RACKLEY, E. Women, judging and the judiciary: from difference to diversity. London: Routledge-Cavendish, 2012. CrossRef
35. RANKIN, Y. A. – THOMAS, J. O. – ERETE, S. Black women speak: Examining power, privilege, and identity in CS education. ACM Transactions on Computing Education. 2021, Vol. 21, No. 4, Article number 26. CrossRef
36. Recommendation CM/Rec(2007)17 of the Committee of Ministers to member states on gender equality standards and mechanisms [online]. 2007 [cit. 2021-09-11]. Available at: https://search.coe.int/cm/Pages/result_details.aspx?ObjectId=09000016805d4aa3.
37. Recommendation CM/Rec(2019)1 of the Committee of Ministers to member States on preventing and combating sexism: adopted by the Committee of Ministers [online]. 2019 [cit. 2021-09-13]. Available at: https://rm.coe.int/168093b26a.
38. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 1834 "On approval of the State Program for the Promotion of Gender Equality in Ukrainian Society for the period up to 2010" [online]. 2006, December [cit. 2021-09-09]. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1834-2006-%D0%BF#Text.
39. ROMANYAK, O. Gender equality and justice in the Republic of Belarus [online]. 2019 [cit. 2021-09-12]. Available at: https://rm.coe.int/prems-189819-rus-2019-gender-ok-web/16809ef14a.
40. ROMANYAK, O. Gender equality and justice in the Republic of Belarus [online]. 2019 [cit. 2021-09-12]. Available at: https://rm.coe.int/prems-189819-rus-2019-gender-ok-web/16809ef14a.
41. SCHNEIDER, D. – HARKNETT, К. – MCLANAHAN, S. Intimate partner violence in the Great Recession. Demography. 2016, Vol. 53, No. 2, pp. 471-505. CrossRef
42. Security council resolution No. 1325 "On women and peace and security" [online]. 2000 [cit. 2021-09-11]. Available at: https://www.un.org/ruleoflaw/blog/document/security-council-resolution-1325-2000-on-women-and-peace-and-security/.
43. SIRIWARDHANE, P. – KHAN, T. The gendered nature of the risk factors of the COVID-19 pandemic and gender equality: A literature review from a vulnerability perspective. Sustainability (Switzerland). 2021, Vol. 13, No. 23, Article number 13375. CrossRef
44. Some issues of ensuring equal rights and opportunities for women and men [online]. 2020 [cit. 2021-09-12]. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/930-2020-%D0%BF#Text.
45. STRANG, V. Gender and pan-species democracy in the Anthropocene. Religions. 2021, Vol. 12, No. 12, Article number 1078. CrossRef
46. The Fourth World Conference on Women [online]. 1995 [cit. 2021-09-12]. Available at: https://www.un.org/womenwatch/daw/beijing/platform/.
47. The global gender gap report [online]. 2017 [cit. 2021-09-10]. Available at: https://www.weforum.org/reports/the-global-gender-gap-report-2017.
48. The input of the judiciary in ensuring gender equality as the subject of the rule of law donors and implementers meeting [online]. 2021 [cit. 2021-09-11]. Available at: https://u.to/355MGw.
49. Training manual for judges and prosecutors on women's access to justice [online]. 2017 [cit. 2021-09-12]. Available at: https://www.ohchr.org/Documents/Issues/Women/WRGS/TrainingManualAccessJustice_RU.pdf.
50. Transforming our world: the 2030 agenda for sustainable development: Resolution adopted by gender [online]. 2015 [cit. 2021-09-09]. Available at: https://www.un.org/en/development/desa/population/migration/generalassembly/docs/globalcompact/A_RES_70_1_E.pdf.
51. Turning promises into action: gender equality in the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development [online]. 2018 [cit. 2021-09-13]. Available at: https://u.to/555MGw.
52. Universal Periodic Report of the UN HRC on Ukraine [online]. 2017 [cit. 2021-09-15]. Available at: https://www.ohchr.org/en/hrbodies/upr/pages/uaindex.aspx.
53. USAID New Justice Program [online]. 2016 [cit. 2021-09-11]. Available at https://newjustice.org.ua/uk/pro-programu/.
54. VAN GELDER, N. – PETERMAN, A. – POTTS, A. – O'DONNELL, M. COVID-19: Reducing the risk of infection might increase the risk of intimate partner violence [online]. 2020 [cit. 2021-09-12]. Available at: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370%2820%2930092-4/fulltext.
55. You are a woman and you are 50: How to find a job? [online]. 2016 [cit. 2021-09-10]. Available at: https://u.to/8J5MGw.
56. <bez popisu>
57. <bez popisu>
58. <bez popisu>
Current Problems of the Impact of Gender Equality in the Administration of Justice in Ukraine is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
230 x 157 mm
published: 4 x per year
print price: 65 czk