Acta Universitatis Carolinae Iuridica (AUC Iuridica) is a legal journal published since 1955, which presents longer essays as well as short articles on topics relevant for legal theory and international, European and Czech law. It also publishes works concerning current legislative problems.
Although intended primarily for domestic audience, AUC Iuridica is useful also for foreign experts, who can take advantage of summaries in foreign languages (English, German and French) and key words, which are systematically added to the main articles and essays.
The published articles are subject to peer reviews. If necessary, reviewed texts are sent back to the author for revision.
AUC Iuridica accepts contributions from any contributor on any current legal topic.
The journal is registered in the Czech National Bibliography (kept by the National Library of the Czech Republic) and in the Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals (kept by the American Association of Law Libraries).
The journal is archived in Portico.
We are pleased to inform you that the journal Acta Universitatis Carolinae Iuridica was the first journal of the Faculty of Law of Charles University to be included in the prestigious international database SCOPUS. This Elsevier database is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature in the world. The editors of the journal expect from the inclusion in the elite SCOPUS database not only an increase in the readership of the journal, but also an increase in interest in the publication of papers by both Czech and foreign authors.
AUC IURIDICA, Vol 65 No 1 (2019), 103–106
Medzi zamestnancom a samostatne zárobkovo činnou osobou
[Between an employee and an independent contractor]
published online: 22. 03. 2019
This paper aims at discussing the new approach to regulating the so-called platform work by looking at the main initiatives. It brieﬂy describes the pros and cons of potential thirdcategory between employees and independent contractors and potential.
keywords: pracovnoprávny vztah; zamestnanec; samostatne zárobkovo činná osoba; tretia kategória
1. ADAMS, A. – FREEDMAN, J. – PRASSL, J. Rethinking Legal Taxonomies For The Gig Economy. Oxford Review of Economic Policy, 2018, vol. 34, č. 2.
2. ALOISI, A. – CHERRY, M. A. A Third Employment Category for On-Demand Workers? Oxford Business Law Blog, 2016. Dostupné na https://www.law.ox.ac.uk/business-law-blog/blog/2016/11/third-employment-category-demand-workers.
3. DAVIDOV, G. – FREEDLAND, M. – KOUNTOURIS, N. The Subjects of Labour Law: 'Employees' and other Workers. In: FINKIN, M. – MUNDLAK, G. (eds.) Comparative Labor Law. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar. 2015, s. 115–131.
4. DE STEFANO, V. – HENDRICKX, F. Gig economy, platform work, and the binary worker categorisation. In: SOMERS. M. (ed.). Vorm geven aan digitale tijden. Sint-Gillis: Denktank Minerva, 2018, 108.
5. FLORISSON, R. – MANDL, I. Platform work: Types and implications for work and employment – Literature review. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union, s. 96.
6. JOHNSTON, H. – LAND-KAZLAUSKAS, C. Organizing on-demand: Representation,voice, and collective bargaining in the gig economy. Conditions of work and employment series. Geneva: ILO, 2018, no. 94, p. 32.
Medzi zamestnancom a samostatne zárobkovo činnou osobou is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
230 x 157 mm
periodicity: 4 x per year
print price: 65 czk